Although the holidays are right around the corner, I got the celebration started early by channeling my inner mixologist. Some of my favorite cocktails are Dirty Martinis, Vespers, and Piña Coladas, but I love Perfect Manhattans most of all!
Here’s the recipe for a Martz-style Perfect Manhattan:
I sipped my Perfect Manhattan out of a Vintage Remix Lab Nick and Nora glass. From the drink to my glass to the holiday decor in my home…everything was just perfect!
How i make my “Perfect” Manhattan. The difference between a “Manhattan” and it’s perfect counter part has to do with the ingredients and the garnish. Instead of cocktail cherries as garnish you replace with a lemon twist, and I like to use Rye when making my cocktail.
- 3 Oz. of Rye Whiskey
- 1.5 Oz. Sweet Vermouth
- 3 splashes Aromatic Bitters
- 1 lemon
- Add 2/3 ice to a cocktail mixing cup.
- Add Rye Whiskey, Sweet Vermouth and Aromatic Bitters.
- Stir to mix for 1 minute being careful not to chip the ice.
- Strain mixture into your favorite cocktail glass.
- Cut a thick twist off of a lemon with a vegetable peeler, lightly warm lemon with match, and squeeze peel over glass.
- Run lemon over rim of glass and slip into drink to garnish.